CheckMate Tonneau Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bigg G

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm considering buying this used Checkmate FX Lo Profile Hard Fiberglass Tonneau for $200 and I'm wondering if anyone here has the same hard fiberglass bed cover on their truck or know someone who has / had 1 ? This tonneau was bought, installed and used for less than 6 months and then removed / stored in a garage & has been sitting inside over 4 years.

I did some research on the cover and found out that they presently sell for $700.00 delivered so I know that his $200 asking price is a great deal for a used 1 in great condition w/ all the install hardware but I couldn't find info online about the quality of this particular CheckMate Tonneau Cover which is why I'm posting here. If you guys had 1 or know of anyone who does please post some details about the craftsmanship & durability about this type of cover.
Thanks in advance for your information.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

98sierra

Reaction score
I had one on an S10. There not that bad of a cover. It is made of two layers of fiberglass sheets with styrofoam in the middle that makes it pretty light cover. I added the dual locks but they didn't work to well because the piece that locks under the bed rail kept bending. If you do happen to get it opt for the quick release hinges for the front, they make it a lot easier to get the cover off if you need to take it off a lot. The cover worked really well for what i needed it for.

Bigg G

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks 98Sierra.....
I personally think the CheckMate flushmount covers look great on lowered OBS trucks and being at 4/6 I won't be hauling much of anything so I figured the cover would be a great add on for the Silvy painted to match.