Charcoal Canister

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

24c3

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was wondering if it was cause problems if i removed the charcoal canister from my truck? Any info on doing this would be great. Thanks

93SierraWT

Greater Made Chevy
Reaction score
There's plenty of threads about this if you do a search. I removed mine and haven't had any problems, and a couple of other members have as well and haven't had any negative effects. Just put a cap over the vacuum and put a breather on the vent line coming from this gas tank.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
x2

mine was bad and smelled of gas anyways so I removed it. No issues, but the envirmentalists will argue and hate you for doing it.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yes it is but as I said mine did not, and the advantage to removing it made my underhood alot cleaner and more room.

IMo asking what's the benefit of removing it is like asking why did you lower your truck? just because ya want to that's about it.

24c3

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
yes it is but as I said mine did not, and the advantage to removing it made my underhood alot cleaner and more room.

IMo asking what's the benefit of removing it is like asking why did you lower your truck? just because ya want to that's about it.

THats exactly why i want to remove.... to make my engine bay cleaner