Ceramic coated headers worth the extra $

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95Escahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So I am looking at headers are ceramic coated headers worth the extra money? From looking around online its about 50/50

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well do you want nice looking headers after the first rain storm you drive in or rusty ones?

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
Just the look of them is worth the extra money in my opinion. Plus lots of race teams use them so that's got to say something.

michael hurd

Stalker be gone.
Reaction score
Ceramic coated headers last longer, and keep the engine compartment cooler than a header that is not coated. If that isn't a necessity, install regular headers and spray them religiously with high heat paint. Most of the factory applied black paint coatings are garbage and burn off after the first hard run, and are generally scratched and chipped in the box from shipping.

You could also install a thermal wrap, but I would only do that in a temperate climate that does not experience winter and salted roads. FWIW, I had cheap painted headers on my first car, an '83 Olds Cutlass with a 350, and they lasted until the car was scrapped ( 4 years ) through 3 winters. I painted them several times, but they lasted quite well and this is with copious amounts of salt applied to our roads.