Cant figure this out

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

domepiece

Reaction score
I bought a 96 2wd two door tahoe a couple months ago and have had nothing but problems with it. It will loose power and if you give it gas it'll die. After it dies it will start and run fine for awhile. especially does it on rough roads or when you hit a big bump in the road. Its been getting worse over the last couple weeks. it has thrown a code for every O2 sensor, EGR Valve, and a few others. I replaced the fuel filter, cap, rotor, plugs, wires. Swapped the ignition control module and MAF sensor with ones off my suburban with the same motor. I cleaned the ground back by the fuel pump as well as the one in front of the passenger firewall. I also sprayed carb cleaner around the intake while it was running and no change in idle. This thing is pissing me off. It only has 121k miles. Someone mentioned the spider injection may be bad. Any ideas?

DonYukon

Dont stop until it sounds expensive
Reaction score
yea spider injetors were known to be issues with these as they were made of plastic the new revised one is metal did you change the O-2 sensor? and EGR or just said parts if so why change those parts if they arent throwing the codes?

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
I would replace the o2 sensors and the egr valve if that's what its throwing codes for.

-Sent from my twin turbo Desire using diesel fuel.-