Can you hook up stereo to fuse box aux.?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hybrid1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Has anyone wired their amp power wire to one of the auxiliary lugs from the fuse box. The reason I ask is because my battery is in the bed and don't really have a way to hook up another cable to the battery.

My plan is to install a 100-120 amp maxi fuse instead of the 60 amp and hook up from there. Any reason I shouldn't go this route let me know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

low4x4

backyard mechanic
Reaction score
when you relocated the battery did you use a larger wire size? if you did you can probably go right off the fuse box main feed then fuse the wire. how big is the amp...I run two 600's with 100 amp fuse

hybrid1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Mine is just a 480 watt. I'm running 2 gauge cable.

low4x4

backyard mechanic
Reaction score
2 gauge is a little over kill for 480...my 480 in the bed only excepts 4 gauge

hybrid1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
No my battery cable from the bed is 2 gauge. I have 4 gauge for the amp

low4x4

backyard mechanic
Reaction score
running 2 gauge to the battery ....isn't the battery in the bed, closer than wiring from under the hood.. there are alot of battery terminal connectors that are available to connect different ways

hybrid1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My battery is in the bed running 2 gauge from the battery go a junction box on the firewall. There isn't a way to get a cable into the battery box and the junction box is full. Leaving the auxiliary lugs one of my options if it's a safe way to go.

low4x4

backyard mechanic
Reaction score
if you are planning to use a 100 amp fuse or bigger I would just tap the main post on the fuse box and fuse the wire...