Cab seams

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
Alright, some im getting ready to start welding the cab together and I want to shave the rear spot weld seams. Im not sure if most people just fill them in with fiber glass/body filler, but im thinking I should probably put a strip of steal in there and fill it in. I may do the steel epoxy since that would probably be easier. But my question is, what gauge sheet metal do you's figure I need?

jollyjerry

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Forgive the newb question, but what do you mean by welding the cab together, and what are the cab seams?

polar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
He replaced the cab corners, rocker panels, and I think cab floor so he has to weld it all back together. The cab seam is the line on each side on the rear portion of the vab

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MYT HI

LOUD AND PROUD
Reaction score
If you find a truck that originally had a stepside bed they had aluminum trim pieces that were painted to match, they just clipped on

Sent from underneath my truck

MYT HI

LOUD AND PROUD
Reaction score
Ya, I'll see if I can find anything more about that

Sent from underneath my truck

jollyjerry

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
He replaced the cab corners, rocker panels, and I think cab floor so he has to weld it all back together. The cab seam is the line on each side on the rear portion of the vab

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks!

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
The cab seams are tge two top seams and bottom seams where the rear glass is ... the botton one has the spot welds that connect the back wall portion of the can and the piller/cab corner. The top, as of every truck ice ever seen, they have filler piece that is nirmally nlack molding. I want to shave them for a xlean look... I never ever seen a step side with moldings there since yhe box line finishes infront of it. So you dont see it