Which cab lights

• OEM style

Votes: 11 68.8%
  • Lighted visor

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Gmt800 style

Votes: 1 6.3%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GMblood

Reaction score
Hey guys just looking for some opinions on what to do for cab lights on my truck. It's a pewter 2000 k2500 CCSB Im torn between the OEM 5 star or getting a lighted visor or maybe even the gmt800 style that has the one solid bar in the middle. I'd love either one just can't decide which one to pull the trigger on.

Last edited:

Eveready

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey guys just looking for some opinions on what to do for cab lights on my truck. It's a pewter 2000 k2500 CCSB Im torn between the OEM style or getting a lighted visor. I'd love either one just can't decide which one to pull the trigger on.

Are you talking about lights like console lights or dome lights? The visor lights tend to be pretty specialized.. more like a makeup or hair combing mirror than for general illumination. Please explain a bit more as to what you are looking to do.

Eveready

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I apologize I mean the 5 clearance lights above the windshield

Now I get it .. thanks for explaining . I haven't seen all that many trucks with the cab lights, but some seem to like them. I sort of prefer for the outside to be nondescript and not all that attractive and concentrate on making the inside as comfortable and up to date as possible. Believe me mine has a LONG way to go !

GMblood

Reaction score
Yeah I agree, I've been looking into swapping my cloth 60/40 to some leather seats and an escalade/Denali center console. I got an overhead console from the junkyard a few weeks ago and wired that up, I love it. I plan on swapping all the lights for LEDs and getting some savanna/express HVAC knobs. And paint a few accent prices like the air vents and door handle trim a charcoal color.

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
I voted for lighted visor. I have one on mine and have always loved them before I put one on mine, hence the reason why I wanted one for my truck so bad. I am more of the ol' school guy with lighted visors instead of clearance lights. You can get both those, they do have non-lighted visors with holes for the clearance lights if you want both, but I would rather have the lighted visor in all honesty.

GMblood

Reaction score
I agree I like the old school look better myself, ive always liked the visors just havent found one for a decent price. On my 96 ecsb I put the clear/smoked individual ones on and I liked them. Having clear/smoked ones on this truck would compliment the black headlight housings and smoked 2015-2017 mirrors that I have. But I also kept the 4 amber corners cause I did the 4corner mod and I didnt like the way the aftermarket ones looked when the light shined thru.

Eskimomann209

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I went smoked clearance lights five singles from summit.
Not too happy with the quality of the harness
The lines got charred on my last bulb.
Besides that looks slick
Might still add a visor on mine tho too