c2500 8lug to 6 lug swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jimgmc

Reaction score
Hello there ck buddies. My ? Is regarding a swap for my 99 Gmc Sierra 2500 2wd. It has stock suspension and i was wondering if it is possible to do a 6 lug swap to my truck?

WillMGK

Reaction score
6 lug 2500 ld rotors, napa and oreilly has em I dont know about discount. You should be able to reuse your old wheel bearings. And for the rear end you could either get a 4x4 6 bolt rearend, or change the axles in the one you got now. If you do go for a new rear end I would personally get a posi-trac not the limited slip governated differential crap. 14 bolt is reccommended too.

jimgmc

Reaction score
So the 2500 light duty rotors are a straight bolt on? I heard that they work on the 1500 5lug. I wasnt sure if they fit an 8 lug. As far as a rear end. What is the fit for my truck? Would a newer disc brake setup require major rework on brake line system?

Last edited:

goobs

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ld rotors wont fit an 8 lug. The 8 lug spindle snouts are bigger. Why do u want to go to 6lug?

JonZ71

Right Meow
Reaction score
What? a "nicer" wheel selection? lol i think i've foudn better looking 8 lug wheels than 6. But to each their own. You probably gotta swap spindles.

goobs

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nicer wheel selection stock and aftermarket. And of coarse different.

Okay.......
you'll have to swap spindles and upper control arms. The upper bj are different sizes and mount different so you have to have 1500 uppers. Oh and you'll need need the brake calipers and shoes being that they're different also.
By the time you spend money on all this you could've bought nice wheels and tires.