bumper trimming

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95six.five

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I did some test fitting today to see if 33/12.5x16.50's would fit in the front on my C2500 and they'll fit but they'd rub my front bumper if i hit a bump while turned. so i was thinking about trimming my bumper once i get rims n tires for the front so that they'll fit...it's either that or get a spring spacer and hope it levels it out enough to squeeze em...my rims have alot of offset and they're 10" wide i think so they stick out alot. so my question is how do i go about trimming the bumper and whats some opinions on that vs spacer?

95six.five

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I love the stuffed look and them sticking out some. i just don't like the idea of my bumper eating tires haha it aint cheap for the tires or the bumpers..

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
Lots of options: Sawsall, angle grinder, cut off wheel, etc.

My preference is a cut off wheel.

Mark your line and go to it. I use tape to define the cutting line.

Dress it after it's cut and repaint.

SCOTTYINWV

si vis pacem, para bellum
Reaction score
Cutoff wheel ftw! The ripping action of a sawzall can really distort your fenders. The bumper would be okay since it's thicker.

95six.five

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looks like i'll be using a cutoff wheel! we have a roto-zip(get some metal cutting wheels and that'll work the same right?) that i'll probably end up using.

Vortec Lover

Behold the Beast
Reaction score
Lots of options: Sawsall, angle grinder, cut off wheel, etc.

My preference is a cut off wheel.

Mark your line and go to it. I use tape to define the cutting line.

Dress it after it's cut and repaint.

has anyone considered just giving the T bars a little tweak?