Bumper Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WorkinMan

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Started building a bumper for the truck. Started with a cardboard mock up and transferred to 3/16" carbon steel. Used a metal brake for the horizontal bend all the way across and then cut reliefs at the top and back for the vertical bends. Getting ready to cut the rest and weld it up tomorrow.

You must be registered for see images attach

Radio517

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey southeast Iowa! :) Wanna build me one to??? Looks good!

WorkinMan

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If only I had the time. I had to put all other jobs/projects on hold to get this in...haha

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
If you ever decide to make another id be interested in one

WorkinMan

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Not sure yet if I'm going to make a rear bumper or not. It's definitely crossed my mind. As for making others, I've been considering it. It all depends on my schedule. I go to school in the day and work evenings so I'll see how quick this one goes and then make a decision as to whether to make others or not.

95chev I'm 10 minutes from you in Fremont. I'll get ahold of you when I'm done and you can check it out and maybe just give you my cardboard cut-outs.

michael hurd

Stalker be gone.
Reaction score
Nice CAD work ( Cardboard Aided Design ) haha.. bumper is going to be pretty heavy though with 3/16" plate. :)