bucking , Jerking, back fireing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Hi everyone sorry I am new to this forum . I have a question . Have a 1996 Chevy c3500 with 5.7. I had the trans out to have it rebuilt. Ran fine. I put the Transmission back in. And now its Bucking, Jerking, popping . The rpm is Jumping like crazy. New plugs ,wires, rotor, cap, coil, Ignition control module. I have checked all grounds and wiring. shift light comes on when its not suppose too.. No Codes ..
Could it be the vehicle speed sensor . Or would this be something else. Also Running rich. :Frustrated:
Thanks

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hi everyone sorry I am new to this forum . I have a question . Have a 1996 Chevy c3500 with 5.7. I had the trans out to have it rebuilt. Ran fine. I put the Transmission back in. And now its Bucking, Jerking, popping . The rpm is Jumping like crazy. New plugs ,wires, rotor, cap, coil, Ignition control module. I have checked all grounds and wiring. shift light comes on when its not suppose too.. No Codes ..
Could it be the vehicle speed sensor . Or would this be something else. Also Running rich. :Frustrated:
Thanks.

I think I found the problem. I think it might be a bad injector. I dumped 2 bottles of gum out into it. starting to run a little better.