Broke a Rotor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

daddy_dandy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
To set the scene, earlier in the day I noticed some light grinding and thought it was coming from the front right wheel. My compressor clutch is making a ton of noise right now (that's a different thread) so I half ignored the issue. I'm at the ATM about 2000 ft from my house. I'm made a right turn and heard a faint clank. Engaged the brakes and the truck pulled hard right. Knew I had problems at this junction. Decided to limp the truck home. My son enjoyed the bumpy ride.

You must be registered for see images attach

The outer bearing was totally chewed up and I suspect that's what initially broke. In defense of the rotor, it needed to be replaced and I doubt it broke before the bearing went out.

New rotor, seal, bearings, pads, slide bolts and some grease and I'm back on the road.

Reaction score
Damn that sucks, I guess on the brite side it didn't tear up a whole bunch of **** and you were close enough to home and didn't need an outragous tow bill.

Greg

Über Mod
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm just hopin my rotors last for a few more weeks, them bitches are squeeeaaaalin.

noremac

OHHH SNNNAAAPPP
Reaction score
my rotors are warped to hell... as you press on teh brake, you slow down, then no pressure, then slow down, then less pressure, and contiunues that to a stop... brakes are top priority when i get a summer job...