brake reservoir question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vipergtrdj

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Is the small front portion of the brake fluid reservoir for the front brakes or the rear brakes? I can't remember which it is. The reason I ask is because I have a big leak somewhere, but can't find it - and just the small front section in the reservoir goes empty. The back section of the reservoir stays full. Any help would be awesome as I am stranded at work with no brakes, once again....

Edit - I believe its the rears, but would like confirmation before pulling it all apart. Some reason I keep going through brake cylinders in the rear, good thing they have 1year warranties on them.

Fobroader

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If you keep going through them, the brake cylinders are either cheap ***** or your rear brakes are too tight or too loose. If they are not adjusted properly they will either not realease fully and they will be partially on all the time esentially cooking the seals in the cylinders. If theyre too loose, the piston will come out too far and damage the seals or not be able to retract.

vipergtrdj

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If you keep going through them, the brake cylinders are either cheap ***** or your rear brakes are too tight or too loose. If they are not adjusted properly they will either not realease fully and they will be partially on all the time esentially cooking the seals in the cylinders. If theyre too loose, the piston will come out too far and damage the seals or not be able to retract.

Thanks for the info. I picked up all new internals so I will be replacing everything and adjusting them this weekend (as long as weather is decent). This will be the second set of brake cylinders in the past 3months or so.

Mysilvi

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If I remember right the back wheel when raised off the ground should rotate 1.5 turns when spun by hand to set the drums distance to the shoes...