Brake fluid sprays out of reservoir...spongy brakes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ukiltmybrutha

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Central VA, DC Metro, NOVA (can they make up their
Was bleeding brakes and ran out of brake fluid. I figure that I did a decent job of bleeding the brakes but probably left the master bleeder open during the process like a tool.

The strangest thing happens now. The brake fluid goes flying out of the reservoir when I hit the brake. I am glad that the paint on the truck sucks already.

Lol

I can see alot of bubbles in the reservoir if someone else hits the brake.

I just got done replacing a leaky rear cylinder and the brake light is on all the time just like it was before.

I think that I need to bleed it again personally but I am wondering if the brake booster is bad. My searches show that a few people have had a problem with it and I hear a woosh sound when I hit the brakes.

Braking was and still is spongy as heck and is delayed by about a second.

Thanks for any ideas.

squeaky3

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i had a similar problem when i was bleeding my brakes after swaping my rear axle

i didnt run out of fluid but i left the cap off when i started to bleed and it sprayed everywhere

if you had the cap off when bleeding, try filling it up with fluid, bleed the brakes again, and see if that helps...and make sure you are doing it at a bleeder screw not the lines or you wont get all the air out