Box sits 1/2" too far to driver side

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kevhill85

96 BD Tahoe!!!!
Reaction score
There no dent, dings, z's, or diamonds in the frame, it's straight as an arrow, doesn't have anything weird that doesn't look like it wasn't there from the factory. Don't see how it could be a diamond <> though. My dads seen a ton of vehicles over the years with bent frames, we looked this one over and it's fine, drives straight down the road as well, no dog walking like a frame shifted to the side would. Looking at the pictures it looks like the box only stick out on the top, the farther towards the bottom it doesn't kinda strange.

Calm down you ask for our thoughts . There is something wrong Somewhere for the bed to sit that far off. Have you measured the factory measured Points to see if they are off.

What happen to the bed before you bought the truck?

1Kurgan1

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Calm down you ask for our thoughts . There is something wrong Somewhere for the bed to sit that far off. Have you measured the factory measured Points to see if they are off.

What happen to the bed before you bought the truck?

I'm calm, I'm just saying, my dads been running an autobody shop for 25 years, spotting a bent frame is what he did for a living, and I had already mentioned the frame was straight (and showed pictures). We'll have to take out the tape ruler and measure the box, but just looking at it, nothing really looks off. Thats why even he was puzzled when we got it on there.

The box history though I am not sure of. I do know one side of it is repainted, so maybe it's off a bit from being hit. I don't see any creases in the sheet metal anywhere.

Box may be bent?

It's possible, will have to measure.

Last edited: