Body Swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cody_350

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
wasn't really sure where to post this but since this is the exterior threads I guess I'll start here. I'm wanting a pickup truck but I already have a 1999 OBS suburban k2500 that I've been putting tons of money into. I'm about $14,000 into my suburban just getting it all fixed up and now it's ready for a lift. honestly I thought I would make a badass looking suburban but now I want a extended cab with a 6' bed. I mean I can find one that's a piece of s*** for $2,000 or less and I was considering it. how hard is a body swap? the suburban and a extended cab 6' bed are the same lengths. is it worth doing? what else do I need besides the bodies? body mounts maybe? I'm only considering this because the engine is practically rebuilt and I don't want to have to worry about rebuilding the new truck if I had to do that option.

kkirwan71

women problems
Reaction score
wasn't really sure where to post this but since this is the exterior threads I guess I'll start here. I'm wanting a pickup truck but I already have a 1999 OBS suburban k2500 that I've been putting tons of money into. I'm about $14,000 into my suburban just getting it all fixed up and now it's ready for a lift. honestly I thought I would make a badass looking suburban but now I want a extended cab with a 6' bed. I mean I can find one that's a piece of s*** for $2,000 or less and I was considering it. how hard is a body swap? the suburban and a extended cab 6' bed are the same lengths. is it worth doing? what else do I need besides the bodies? body mounts maybe? I'm only considering this because the engine is practically rebuilt and I don't want to have to worry about rebuilding the new truck if I had to do that option.
I'm going to say it's more work than its worth honestly but someone could come along and prove me wrong. I'm sure the suburban chassis is different from a regular pickup chassis

ex gmt400 owner