Body lift.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chevy8697

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys first off sorry if this is in the wrong area please move it if it is.. Anyways I found out that I've had a 2inch lift in my garage for my truck. I'm debating putting it on but I want some opinions about body lifts I always liked suspension lifts anyway I really wanna have my truck sit a little higher and don't have the $ to go get a suspension kit so what are your opinions on them are they worth the time to put them on or should I just sell it for a couple $?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

phule

Back in a 400 again
Reaction score
You may wanna check out the two body lift threads in the off road section good info and pics

Sent from a wannabe ipad

trailer-trash

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If you take your time and pay some attention to detail...a body lift can look nice. Its the cheapest way to get a clean couple of inches though.

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If jsut wanting a little bit of lift the 2" bodylift is much better option then a black and crank. You will save your front end and have smoother ride. As long as the body bolts dont break off the install is fairly striaght forward.

I've got a 2" on my 98
You must be registered for see images attach

Chevy8697

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
If jsut wanting a little bit of lift the 2" bodylift is much better option then a black and crank. You will save your front end and have smoother ride. As long as the body bolts dont break off the install is fairly striaght forward.
I've got a 2" on my 98

I gotta look at what's in my kit but did yours come with adapters for the bumpers? That my problem with body lifts is the gap between the body and bumpers. But, Yours doesn't have a gap it looks good. So do 2 inch body lifts leave a gap or no?

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I gotta look at what's in my kit but did yours come with adapters for the bumpers? That my problem with body lifts is the gap between the body and bumpers. But, Yours doesn't have a gap it looks good. So do 2 inch body lifts leave a gap or no?

The kit comes with the front bumper brackets. For the rear I was able to knotch out the factory bumper enough to raise it up 2"

Chevy8697

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
The kit comes with the front bumper brackets. For the rear I was able to knotch out the factory bumper enough to raise it up 2"

Would you have anymore pics of that back bracket or tell me what all you did to the bracket to get it to work?

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
No other pics. All I did was use a torch and extend the factory mounting holes to raise the bumper up, very simple. You could also just drill the holes out lower instead of slotting it so much.

Before

After

Chevy8697

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks man ill hopefully get my lift on my truck soon im tired of stock height. lol.
No other pics. All I did was use a torch and extend the factory mounting holes to raise the bumper up, very simple. You could also just drill the holes out lower instead of slotting it so much.

Before

After