Body Control Module

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1BadBowtie

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Can anyone give me any information on whether a 98 GMC k1500 would have one of these and where it would be located?
Thanks.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Depends on what you want to call a BCM. 1998 GMT400's are the first year for Passlock antitheft in these trucks, and the TDM (theft deterrent module) is part of a small box under the dash that some will refer to as a BCM. I honestly don't know what other purpose that module serves, though.

It's in the area right next to the DRL diode module, black plastic box about a cig pack size, has a bright green harness socket.

Richard

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
The other thing that throws me is the EVO steering. My EFILive Flashscan will display DTCs for it, but I don't see it in the engine tuning stuff. Has always made me wonder if there is some sort of BCM on these trucks.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Tough call but I'm betting it's not in that same module as that unit is 1998-up only; EVO came out in 1997 I believe? Memory getting fuzzy. With EVO you've got the device in the pump reservoir and the sensor on the column, other than that I don't know. You'd expect there to be some kind of module associated.

Richard

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah both my 97 and 98 have it. I thought it was odd the truck would be able to throw a code for it.