Blown engine?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blaze4g63

Reaction score
So the other day I was going to take my truck over the Mts over here in WA and as I was on the freeway I started hearings some ticking, so I pulled over and for sure it was tapping but I couldnt tell if it was coming from the head or the block. Then as I am trying to limp it back home the tick goes away then comes back only when I go up hills or put the truck on a heavy load but it goes away after im just driving in town low rpms, feels like the oil pump is giving up but I dont really know, I can also tell it doesnt like to go 60mph just fells likes really low on power. The truck is old its a 92 k1500 with 204K so im assuming its giving up the ghost. I also checked the oil and it looks like its about a 1qt over when cold. Anyone have any ideas on this weird knock that comes and goes only when the truck is turning more then 2500k on the highway? I did notice the oil pressure gauge was a little below 30 on the dash but I was told by a friend that the gauges in these truck are horrible. My gas gauge is all over the place when I drive. I have never heard a knock like that and then it goes away. Usally when I hear a knock that bad it doesnt go away beacuse the bearings are gone or ect, and I have blown some engines in my day.

poncho62

Old Fart
Reaction score
1 quart over?

Chances are your oil is diluted with gas for some reason....Change the oil and filter, keep an eye on it to see if it increases again.