Block and crank?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iEnding

Georgia Boy
Reaction score
I have a 3 inch bl on my 94 K1500 as of right now but want to go just a bit higher.
I would do a suspension lift but don't have the money as of right now due to other issues so I keep hearing of blocks and cranks but also cv angles.
Could I do a 2 inch block and crank without straining stuff too much? it is already leveled out by the torsion bars so could I push another 2 inches out of it without stuff breaking?
Or could I do some 2.5 in shocks with 2 inch blocks in the back without cranking?

As it sits:
You must be registered for see images attach

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
You could do a block and crank, but if you don't have the money right now for a lift, then you don't have the money for a crank. With the amount of crank you want it will chew through front end parts like crazy. You'll be spending a lot more in repairs then a full drop lift will cost.

My bottom line is, if you don't have the money right now for a lift, then lean the truck alone and start saving for one. Your truck is really good looking and has an extremely good stance the way it sits. Don't get in a rush to do something. Save you money and do it right.

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
Sorry for the double post, but I just thought I should add this.

What I would do with the couple hundred that you would spend on a block and a crank is get hooked up with Deven (Devs93) and get him to smoke a set of factory lights for you. It will look so much better. Those tail lights you have no kind of take away from the look of the truck. Deven does a great job at a great price. I would also order a set of raised brackets for the rear bumper. They only run about $60.

iEnding

Georgia Boy
Reaction score
You could do a block and crank, but if you don't have the money right now for a lift, then you don't have the money for a crank. With the amount of crank you want it will chew through front end parts like crazy. You'll be spending a lot more in repairs then a full drop lift will cost.

My bottom line is, if you don't have the money right now for a lift, then lean the truck alone and start saving for one. Your truck is really good looking and has an extremely good stance the way it sits. Don't get in a rush to do something. Save you money and do it right.

That's why I came here first to see what inputs I could get and advice. I have a really good deal on a 6 inch. It's just the time I have to wait to get it which puts me in a hurry to gain some more inches. I appreciate the advice.

iEnding

Georgia Boy
Reaction score
Sorry for the double post, but I just thought I should add this.

What I would do with the couple hundred that you would spend on a block and a crank is get hooked up with Deven (Devs93) and get him to smoke a set of factory lights for you. It will look so much better. Those tail lights you have no kind of take away from the look of the truck. Deven does a great job at a great price. I would also order a set of raised brackets for the rear bumper. They only run about $60.

Yeah I need some new taillights anyway. I'll definitely be lookin into that as well... Great advice main I appreciate.
She's in progress I stil have to fix the grille ad the front bumper which will be done this Week and a brush guard.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We need pics of your current front end angles before recommending any more crank. If you cranked it level already I doubt you can get another 2" without eating ball joints an cv's like candy

big_mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have been running rear 2" blocks with the front cranked level for about a year now, haven't seen any excessive wear yet. I'd much rather have a 4" RCX kit with flat CV angles but this works for now. As long as your angles aren't really steep you'll be ok.

iEnding

Georgia Boy
Reaction score
I think I'm gonna wait to save and get the 6inch RC since I know a dealer that's gonna give me a great price on it. I figured it'll be safer than blowing out all my front end and it'll give me the look I've been wantin in it.
Thanks for all the great advice