Blinker and Fan Questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DGA1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hi,

Couple of questions on electrical problems I'm having that some of you might be able to clue me in on, give me an idea, or point me in the right direction. I searched but to no avail. This is on a '96 GMC K1500.

1. My flasher relay keeps making the blinking sound when all blinkers are off. Not all the time, but usually after I hit a bump, accelerate, and it stays on after I use the turn signals, but it stops when I hit the brakes. Besides that everything works just how it should. I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with this? I'm figuring it might a bad ground, or the multi-function switch, or maybe the actual pins in the socket that the relay plugs into; it was awfully loose in there till I bent the flasher prongs a bit for it to hold it in there somewhat firmly. Oh, it has a new flasher in it.

2. My blower only works on high. I know that it's the Blower Resistor because I put a new one in and everything worked for 1/2 day. I could smell the new resistor burning as soon as I put it in though. I'm guessing the blower motor is pulling too much current since it's noisy and frying the resistor. I wanted to see if someone knows of anything else that might be causing this. I don't want to spend another $20 on something that is going to fry right away.

If anyone has a wiring diagram for these trucks and would not mind sharing, it would be very much appreciated. I know...I really need to get the FSM.

Thanks,
-DGA