Better rubber cap for radiator port

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Truck is a 1998 with 350. I had a radiator installed a few years ago and it has a spare port with a rubber cap on it.

You must be registered for see images attach

The first one leaked after a few months, and the one in the picture made it about a year before it started cracking.

I saw a thread where someone had a more permanent solution for this but cannot find it now. Any suggestions? It'd be easier if it was threaded.

superdave

Proud NOOA Member
Reaction score
A short piece of heater hose, 2 clamps, and a big bolt or something to stop up the other end.

superdave

Proud NOOA Member
Reaction score
Looks like there was a cleanup on aisle 5

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
I guess so. Didn't think there was anything even assholish, it was a joke for superdave

Last edited:

84cj

Reaction score
A short piece of heater hose, 2 clamps, and a big bolt or something to stop up the other end.

Exactly what I did with a Camaro I had. For whatever reason, the rubber used for these plugs are crap. Hose, bolt and clamps did the permanent trick.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Get some ricerrific silicone plugs, they go forever. Ebay, siliconeintakes, and the like will have what you need. I've been there.