Best place to get fender flares cheap?>

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SubLo

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
OK. I'm very happy with the flares. They look pretty much spot on to OEM :) For the price, this was a really great deal. My Suburban had them and I wanted them on my pickup as well.

Fitment: Very good. Not perfect however. I'd say it's a 9 of 10. It doesn't precisely sit flush with the lip in every spot. No biggie.

Installation: OK. What they don't tell you is that you'll have to do surgery on your black trim. On the front fenders, you must remove the 2 smallish 4 or 5 inch moldings completely. The rub is that the double-sided take used to secure these things is tough and sticks like mad everywhere. Very tough to get off without marring your paint. I tried a knife at first, then a plastic spoon as well as a putty knife. I had to also enlist generous amounts of Goo-Be-Gone a.k.a., GoofOf. As careful as I was, I had to use excessive elbow grease and did take off a little bit of paint in a few spots that will need touching up. Not a huge issue. Goo-B-Gone'd all surfaces then spray cleaner first.

TEST FIT AGAIN and again while mounting. You have only 1 shot at this as the double-sided tape on the new flares is tough as nails as well and you won't have second chance once it sticks.

I had time only to do the front as it was getting dark and these tyrant demanding little people running around my house for some reason calling me "Dad" were distracting me. Sorry for the crappy cell phone pics. Ran out of time.

Will do the backs tomorrow where I can already see I will have to excise portions of the molding rather than remove in their entirety.

You must be registered for see images

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
With the oem flares dont they come all the way down to the bumper on the front? Also is it just the double stick tape around the top and screws on the bottom?

SubLo

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Not really. OEM and these are about 98% the same including where they meet the bumper. The dimpling by where the flare meets the channel in the body is a little bit different but that's about the only difference. Herculean strength double stick take comes applied to all the flares out of the box in the proper place. It also comes with self-tapping sheet metal screws. I used 5 screws in addition to the tape on each flare.

Here's my 'Burb with OEM flares for comparison.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had time only to do the front as it was getting dark and these tyrant demanding little people running around my house for some reason calling me "Dad" were distracting me.

:rotflmao:

I about fell out of my chair! I have this problem too, always when I'm trying to do something!

Thanks for the link, I know what I will be buying next. I have been keeping an eye out in the pick and pulls for a burb with some, but they are always the first thing to get gone, right after the sunvisors.

SubLo

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
hahaha! Funny Bluex!

Anyway, all 4 are done! Net net? I'm very happy! Truck looks infinitely better than these weird chrome skinny fender trim things that I bought my truck with. Next month, 305/60/18 on Moto Metal 18x9 -12mm offset coming!

BTW, the back flares require more finesse as the molding must be either trimmed or removed completely. What I did was first overlay the flares in a test fitment. I then used a Sharpie to mark where the OEM molding on the back should be trimmed. It's all plastic. I used a 3" putty knife to jar it loose and move it away from the quarter panel. I then used an angle grinder with a cut off wheel to trim along my marking. More GoofOff, lots of elbow grease and putty knife to carefully remove leftover double-sided tape. Again, test fit many times and be careful once you remove the backing from the tape. It's retarded strong and won't give you a second chance.

In the end, these "P.U. Technology" flares are and excellent bargain. Link to eBay seller above.

Good luck guys.

SubLo

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Flexible. Feel like ABS. Seems like they'll hold up for decades. Flat black finish just like OEM.