Battery completely died this morning.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

350Vortec

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I accidently left my dome light on last night. So about...12 hours it was on. And i went to start my truck today. Not even a click. Completely dead. The dinger that goes off when you put the key in was barely playing either. Now call me crazy but....should a little light like that COMPLETELY kill my battery?

I went to advanced last week to get my battery tested and they said it was fine...But my hoe has been having real harsh startups in the cold and now the thing is completely dead. I think its time for a new battery. If it was a bad starter would i hear click click click click when i turn the key over? Because thats all i hear.

Buddy came to pick me up for the gym today and we got it started with cables and his truck. My jumper pack just wouldnt do it.

Last edited:

Ginger

Teh General
Reaction score
yes the dome can kill it like that. it might not take a lot of power, but it is a long time. if you jump it and let it run for a while with the alternator charging, then you should be fine. if its real old then go ahead and get one

Hodges87

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sounds likes its the battery, I had advanced test an alternator for me and it was bad but on their machine it tested good. If it was your starter, you would have good voltage when you turned your key to on and it would click when you tried to start. Its also a good time to check the battery cables and connections.

350Vortec

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have it on a trickle charger right now, it started up fine after letting it run for 20 min after it got jumped. So, Im hoping that the battery is okay. Its only two years old. The sticker says 07 on it. Its an AC Delco to. It should last somewhat of a long time. Thanks for the help guys. Now to figure out why my new deck wont shut off with the ignition....Sigh. This hoe always gives me electrical problems.

Ginger

Teh General
Reaction score
your batt is fine then, but if your head unit stays on, it will drain your batt. and seems like one of the wires isn't right. did you install the head unit? did you use the adapter kit that plugs into the factory harness, and then you wire that into the head unit wires. make sure you have the one wire is constant trickle so that it keeps your presets, and time correct, the other one turns on and off with the ignition

///RAGMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i dont see any benefit to yellow tops

Sorry but my experience with yellow is if your going to use them in something you drive everyday there ok not great but ok. The minute you park the vehicle for more than 2 weeks without a battery tender or somesort of preventive measure youll kill it forsure. IMO there junk. This is what Im using, Yes there not cheap but they do work well http://www.kinetikaudio.com/2009/default.asp

Ginger

Teh General
Reaction score
i dont think he has a batt issue as much as its something trickle draining. he said it has electrical issues. fix them, because something is slowly pulling a little out of the batt

Mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've never had any trouble with the battery draining. I can go months without starting the big truck with a single yellow top and it cranks hard every time.