bad misfire, check engine light not on.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

andrewb

Reaction score
ok i gotta 97 gmc 2500 with the 454. at idle it has a bad miss, and going down the highway u can feel it miss and seems like a loss of power. its not throwing a check engine light. i put new plugs in it today but nothing. i dont have alot of money to be throwing at parts right now. just trying to figure out where yall would start at?

RHamill

Ryan
Reaction score
You should get a scanner on there anyways and check for history codes, a live scanner will tell you if your o2 sensors are reading right (GM Tech II, or a Genysis) You might have a bad MAF sensor, Check the points on your Distributor cap, check the corrosion on the rotor, What plugs are you running? Do you have an exhaust leak before the cats? how are the plug wires?

Basically with a miss you check ignition and air/fuel.

andrewb

Reaction score
no exhaust leak and running delco's. i just went out there to crank it up and it back fire through the intake hard enough to pull it apart at one of the connections. i put it back together and it fired up and still is running like crap.