Bad fuel pump relay??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JMiller

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
1992 K1500 5.7

Power at fuel pump relay. I'm not good with electrical but looks like D and F. No power at fuel pump fuse. Is the relay bad? I'm not sure how to tell or test it really.

JMiller

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Surely someone can help. Maybe even just point me to a schematic. I've spent a little time on Google and still I am not sure 100% that the relay is bad.

Parahdox

Reaction score
What problem are you having? Sometimes the truck just dies and sometimes it wont start or what?

JMiller

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
No. I pretty much have completely rebuilt the truck or am in the process of. Dropping and cleaning the tank and replacing the fuel pump just happened to be the latest on my to do list.

Fuel pump works. Tested it outside of the tank. It doesn't work in the tank. I had no power so I started chasing down where the loss of power started. Fuse is good. No power to/from fuse. 2 pins on the plug for the relay have power.

I've never really understood relays but in my most educated guess I'm guessing the relay is bad so I've ordered a new relay.

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Here is a video on jumping the relay.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

JMiller

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks. I've been searching around for this. Couldn't find any youtube videos that looked like the same relay.

Parahdox

Reaction score
Oh you just wanna know how relays work? Its a 4 prong right? Heres a diagram.
You must be registered for see images attach