back pressure

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigred92chev

Reaction score
I have a 92 obs 1500 and it has true dual 3" glass packs that run out in front of rear tires an i was wondering if i have enough back pressure, or is it taking away from my power?

bobfig

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
You have to big of pipes for true duels, that is unless your pushing 450+hp to the wheels. You should be using 2.5" pipes max and with ether a x or h pipe. The idea behind it is that you want volacity to help get the exhaust out of the pipes. Having to larg of pipes allows the exhaust to cool and lose the speed to get out.

bigred92chev

Reaction score
ok Thanks is there a way i could putr any thing in it so i dont have to re do all of it?

bobfig

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Honistly not really. Depending on the exit you may be able to do the upstream and make it a Y pipe into a single 3. Other then that just redue the headers into a muffler then dump it till you can get the res of the pipes. Or the preferd way.... Add a supercharger :lol:

dcZ71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yea its not ideal but leave it alone man, not worth the money to have it all redone imo.

silverado_06

Resident Canuck.
Reaction score
it is overkill. but honestly you don't make enough power to worry about it anyway. you wouldn't notice any significant change.

bigred92chev

Reaction score
Ok i was thinking about maby puting a 2.5 in pipe across the front to conect them but idk if that would help or not.