Aux/CD player connection

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

klittle1417

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a 97 K1500 ecsb. The radio has the add on CD player. I haven't taken anything apart but am curious as to the wiring from the CD player to the radio. Is it a flat cable or separate wires? I am curious as to whether there is a possibility that I could take the CD player out of the system and wire a head phone jack in.

Any thoughts?

thunderstruck

Babuinos Móviles
Reaction score
The wiring is all separate leads, all of them except the audio drain are 18gauge. It would be possible to splice in a switching input-jack, but you'll have to keep a CD playing to use it since the CD/Aux function is controlled by serial data between the two units.

Sent from my Nintendo 64

Dr.Zoom

Hi Tech Redneck
Reaction score
Are you wanting to use headphones or by headphone jack, do you mean an auxiliary input? You can definitely add an input. There are several ways. There is a thread in the sticky section of the electronics forum. I also made a thread that's a little different way from the sticky.

klittle1417

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I want to be able to hook an ipod/mp3 to play through the aux on the radio. Do you have a link to the threads?