Automatic prom in a 5speed will it work?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1995sierraz71

Reaction score
It's been a long time since I did the 305 to 350 swap in my 95 Sierra. It's still running the prom from the 305 in it. I haven't had the time since I started college, but I have been wondering if I could pull the chip out of a 95 gmt w/ a TBI 350 with auto trans and will it work in my truck with a manual. And if so does it need to be a pickup or will a Burb or other SUV work too? Manual 95s are pretty hard to come by at junkyards. I'm a college student and low on funds and really don't need a performance chip, just stock stuff. Thanks in advance! 95 gmc Sierra k1500 ecsb z71 nv3500. TBI 350

thunderstruck

Babuinos Móviles
Reaction score
Might want to wait and see what someone with more knowledge about this says, but beyond the SES light being on persistently I don't think you'll have an issue.

1995sierraz71

Reaction score
Thank you. I had forgotten about the ses light (I assume it will throw tranny codes for the nonexistent auto) I am in no big hurry, just working on gettin her spruced up for the summer.

Reaction score
If you swap from a 4l60e to a nv4500 and retain the auto ECM/ PROM Will the truck run like a bag of ?

Does it need to be swapped out or modified ?

If so, What exactly need to be done?

Ckeene

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The only way I could get my Diablo to work in my 02 was to tell it that it was an auto and it's a 6 speed from the factory , no engine lights at all