Anyone running a Transgo HD2 Shift kit for the 4L60E

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hodges87

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've been looking at this shift kit for a while now, but I would like to ask someone that has one installed what they think about it. It looks kinda complicated to install, but I think I can do it myself.

Mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Some kits are just a gasket swap - easy. Some require drilling out a bit of the tranny so you have to be careful but its not overly complicated.

Ginger

Teh General
Reaction score
i have a b&m i think, and it just bolted right in. then i put a servo on, it snaps your neck shifting lol

6789olds

Reaction score
i have the b&m shift kit electronic shift in my 1996 z71 and level 1 was a nice shift level 2 kinda banged in gear . but then i added a corvette servo last week and i love it now in level 1 its a fast shift and firm but not bang . and level2 is very firm and soild little too much for my taste for daily driveing but its fun for getting on it . and its cheap under 100$ for all .

GMCTRUCKS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If you set it up for real hard shifts your stock Sun Shell is going to mess up and when it does install The Beast Sun Shell there cheap but they can take the abuse.

gmcyukondriver

Built, not bought.
Reaction score
Ok, so it looks like I can get a 4l60e transgo kit for about $45 and then the beast sun shell gear for $50-$60, does that seem right? Would this cause any problems putting it onto a stock, original transmission with 180k on it? It says it fixes a few things, including the hard shift from 1-2, which I get a lot.....so I'm thinking about putting this in, just wondering what else I might need to know. Does it strengthen the transmission overall, or do I need to do something else to build it up?