Anyone around Baton Rouge. Help!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wewsel

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had blower head gaskets and was trying to do the work myself. After realizing I was incapable, I hired some help. I bought what was supposed to be rebuilt heads that didn't work. Right now my truck us sitting in my driveway with no signs of running anytime soon. Someone local who is versed in vortex 5.7's Please, I need help. I am vertually broke after all I have spent on this fiasco. I could have bought a remanufactured engine with warranty. Now I'm just trying to get it running again so my wife can have her truck back. We both work and it's tough trying to share a vehicle.

wewsel

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got it running. Now to take it to the shop to get the timing fine tuned. Idle is much smoother. Still no power, clogged cat on the pass side. I guess driving with a dead miss for that long clogged things up. Even though no one replied to this, there was a lot of useful information from here that I used while doing this. I can't thank you guys enough for the info that has been posted to this forum. Again, Thank you guys.