Anybody remove the chrome trim panels on their truck?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

camoburban

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Pretty sure it's just 3m double sided tape holding those on. Heat it up and it should just peel off. You may want to get one of the rubber wheels to get all the residue off.
This is what I plan on doing to the bump strip all around.

5.7X28

Reaction score
Working on it now. The rubber trim was pretty easy to remove. The metal panels have a different adhesive; it almost looks like weather stripping adhesive. The metal panels are a PITA.

michael hurd

Stalker be gone.
Reaction score

98slv

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Be sure to use a generous amount of heat, when I took mine off I got tired of pulling them off and went a little too fast. The paint came off with the strips on my cab corners. I think If I would have used more heat I would have been better off. The 3m wheel in a drill is the only way to go to get the adhesive off, most of the time your local parts stores have them or can get them. If you use it in an air tool be sure to regulate the air pressure to keep it from spinning to fast, because the wheels will fly apart if you spin one fast enough.

5.7X28

Reaction score
Got all the trim off. Was able to heat up the adhesive under the rubber panels and roll it off fairly easy. I will see if that works on the adhesive that was under the metal trim tomorrow.