anybody ever convert drw to SRW?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GreaseDog

Pickup Artist
Reaction score
I got a 90 k 3500 I'm really questioning a need for a dual rear wheel truck. the rear fenders are busted all to pieces, and it needs tires all the way around. four tires are way cheaper than 6 tires, and patch panels to make the bed single rear wheel are way cheaper and easier than fixing the fiberglass fenders.

has anyone ever done this conversion? is it really is easier swapping the rear end and removing the spacers of the front?

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got a 90 k 3500 I'm really questioning a need for a dual rear wheel truck. the rear fenders are busted all to pieces, and it needs tires all the way around. four tires are way cheaper than 6 tires, and patch panels to make the bed single rear wheel are way cheaper and easier than fixing the fiberglass fenders.

has anyone ever done this conversion? is it really is easier swapping the rear end and removing the spacers of the front?

From what I have heard that's exactly how you do it...... I have not done this but I asked around a while back when i was looking at a crew cab dually (no need for dually for me)

19trax95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I think all you need is a srw axle and the panels for the bed.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4