Anti-squeak washers for cab mounts?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OlSmokie

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I found these while looking through my bins. They were factory installed on GM pickups, but I don't remember what years.
I'm going to use them with my new mounts, just because I have them.
You must be registered for see images attach

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They definitely weren’t on 1996 trucks.
Are you installing polyurethane mounts?

OlSmokie

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
They definitely weren’t on 1996 trucks.
Are you installing polyurethane mounts?
Yes. I worked in the truck plant from 83 - 2009 and was beside the marriage station from 86-2006, so I'm assuming that they were used somewhere in that time frame.

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Wait, you went from " they were installed" to " I'm assuming" those two very different answers.

OlSmokie

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Maybe you took the ones designated for my truck. Lol

Wait, you went from " they were installed" to " I'm assuming" those two very different answers.
If you read my post, I said that they were installed in the factory and I remember them being installed, I'm assuming the year because that's when I worked right beside cab drop.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wonder if they were used on square bodies. I’ve never heard anyone mention seeing them in 88-98’s.

OlSmokie

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Now that I think about it, it's possible that these, not only helped against squeaks, they might have been used to hold the bolts in place before assembly.
At first, we had operators in the marriage station who would load a bolt and washer into the gun and drive them into place.
Later, it became automated and it's possible that the bolts were preinstalled on the chassis and these kept the bolt assembly in place for the automated guns.