Annoying Assed Popup Ads

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
@kennythewelder @df2x4

I can't remember any other mods off hand, but you guys are responsive. Can we get rid of that intrusive popup that gets in the way of clicking on notifications? I scrolled up to get rid of it and right as I went to click a notification it popped back up again and took me to whatever BS site it was. I closed out before it could load, because F ads.

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
@kennythewelder @df2x4

I can't remember any other mods off hand, but you guys are responsive. Can we get rid of that intrusive popup that gets in the way of clicking on notifications? I scrolled up to get rid of it and right as I went to click a notification it popped back up again and took me to whatever BS site it was. I closed out before it could load, because F ads.
Only @Shaggy can do that.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
I had those for a few days, when the problem was initially mentioned (couple months ago?). But then it stopped. Now on my new phone, it tells me "you are using an out of date browser". I've been using Chrome for Android as long as I've been coming here....

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah, this is a @Shaggy question for sure.

That said, if you hate ads in general you really should check out an ad blocker plugin for your web browser. They're super easy to install and configure, and you'll never see another ad again anywhere. That includes annoying video ads like you'll get in the middle of YouTube or Hulu streams. IMO uBlock Origin is the best available. AdBlock Plus is another good option.

If you want to take your web page filtering to a new level, also check out NoScript. It's a browser plugin that will prevent web pages from running scripts unless you authorize them. This is a little more advanced to I wouldn't recommend it unless you're a little bit tech savvy, but it's really useful for certain things. For example, say you're trying to open a link to a news article but the web page won't allow you to view it because they detect that you're running an ad blocker. You can enable NoScript and prevent that check from happening. Viola, no more annoying pop-up that won't let you scroll through the article.

Joe Dirte

I'm an idiot!
Reaction score
Check out Brave browser. I use it n it has built in ad blockers and anything I search won't come up in an ad the next day... unlike google... or talking around your phone. Oddly enough I found it on an ad on a redonkulas.com video... but not from YouTube. Was a sponsor of redonkulas.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I don't think I've seen ads here in a LOOOOOONG time - running Adblock..

But just now started getting some. What happened :(

You must be registered for see images attach

Richard

Pinger

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Occasionally over the notifications but more often when I open/enlarge a photo. No 'close' option. It stopped for a while but is prevalent again.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I don't think I've seen ads here in a LOOOOOONG time - running Adblock..

FYI, AdBlock Plus seems like they've kind of dropped the ball lately. I had to uninstall it from my dad's computer the other day because YouTube was detecting it as an ad-blocker and therefore not allowing him to watch any videos. I switched him over to the uBlock Origin plugin and everything works as expected again.