Alto 3-4 clutch powerpack transmission rebuild

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
My 4L60E in my 1999 Suburban with a 5.7 Vortec engine went out recently. The transmission is the 96-99 model with the detachable bellhousing, but not the deeper one that was put on 2000 models, but has a deep pan filter. I bought a rebuild kit on ebay that has the Alto 3-4 clutch powerpack. The instructions (linked below) gives directions based on v6 or v8 and v8 late or early models. So, and I admit to being a GMT400 noob, would my 5.7 in this case be considered a late or early model V8? This powerpack covers 700R4, 4L60, 4L60E (all models), 4L65E, and 4L70E. Thanks for any advice that can be given, just want to make sure I do it right the first time, and following the transmissionbench's videos plus have both the green and blue ATSG books covering the 4L60E.

See instructions here http://www.altousa.com/images/uploa...LUTCH-PowerPack-057757B-057757C-057757BHP.pdf

Biggershaft96

Cant Getrite
Reaction score
if its a 2pc case you have the newer version. pre 97 were a one peice case (non removable bellhousing). the more clutch plates you can fit the better (from what i understand) they make different sized steels to accomodate as well. also remember to soak them in atf before hand. ive been studying alot, because i need to do the same thing.