alignment question...99 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JB11

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I lowered my 99 Tahoe and went to get an alignment and the guy said it had never been aligned before and need something knocked out, said he had to remove the UCA to do it.

this sound right?

pics of said knock out plug?

Crash

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If it has never been alinged it will have plugs to make the oval hole a round one, that way is was fast to put together on the assembly line. If the plugs have been knocked out it would look like this...
You must be registered for see images attach

JB11

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
okay thanks, so it doesnt need a kit per say. So its a steel plug, is it stamped somehow to be able to knock it out to the oval shape?

I searched more and came up with a few pics.

geez that does look like alot of work

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images attach

Crash

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I think there are some offset washers available but I think most go without.

94_C/1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I haven't aligned one of these trucks yet, but what looks like has to be done doesn't look that bad. Some of the newer cars require you to loosen the engine cradle and shift it around to set caster and camber.

1996*GMC*SHORTBED

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Upper Control Arm Mounts...

My buddies going through this right now. Where can he buy the oval washers to install himself? He's tearing his front suspension apart as we speak, and I mentioned that he might as well knock-out his mounts while he's in there. Is there any more to the "kit", than just the oval washers themselves? Thanks

JB11

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
you should be able to buy that kit at your local auto parts store since alot of shops use them.