Aftermarket transmission crossmember?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TNC1500

Reaction score
Hello everyone.

I'm nearly finished with an engine swap in a '93 shortbox C1500. It's a small block with a 700R4 and long tube headers. I'm sure some of you have run into this problem where the driver's side collector ends up being right in line with the transmission crossmember and about 6 inches away. I'm not really sold on the idea of making a tight bend to go over the crossmember, so I'm exploring other options.

Option 1, modify the existing crossmember (seen an interesting solution here in the forums). Option 2, get an aftermarket crossmember that will solve the problem. I haven't been able to find anything specific for this truck online, although there are plenty of generic crossmembers available.

So, my question is, are there any aftermarket crossmembers that will fit these trucks without too much modification? I'm not exactly equipped to do any welding, so if I can avoid that it would be nice, otherwise I'll be calling up a buddy to use his garage.

Reaction score
Brief update on this, I picked up the laser cut pieces last week. I'm hoping to get some time in the next week or two to weld it up. I will post some pictures and let you know how it works out.