Aftermarket Engine Parts... Are they worth it? Not in my opinion.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RedChevy44

Reaction score
I'll have to agree that aftermarket parts aren't worth it... well, most of them. I am still fighting with my suburban since I bought it last September, and most of my issues were caused by crappy aftermarket parts. It appears that the previous owner was fighting a problem (I think mostly related to the factory injectors), and "threw" alot of (inferior) parts at it trying to fix it. It makes me not trust my suburban because I wonder which cheap part will fail next.

Sparkysikes

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm sure it's similar with your guys gassers but I learned real quick use oem. 3 bad thermostats because no one local had ac Delco. Rock auto to the rescue. Many parts across my truck the same. Autozone is less than half a mile from my house. Hell 2 are less than half a mile. But online shopping for me. And I pay almost the same. And the most important rule I learned is that

NEW DOES NOT MEAN GOOD!

chipskittles

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Even what used to be considered the best aftermarket brands make crap now. I wore out a moog problem solver pitman arm in 5 years. Pure stock setup. Can't count on Delco either unless it says "original equipment GM part on rockauto, and even then i'm wary.

Tom P

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I’ve been fighting a fuel pressure problem for just under a year now. I replaced the pump over the weekend only to find out my FPR buzzes. I haven’t found a lot of info on this sight about it but it appears to be a common issue with the 7.4l regulators. Even the delco OEM seem to have problems (I have a Delphi installed right now)