additional license plate light?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KRS1

be .00 take .00
Reaction score
Hey guys, I found this light unit under the rear frame area at the back of the truck. Is this a additional license plate light? Although; on my bumper it appears like I already have 2 plate lights..

Thanks!

You must be registered for see images attach

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Hey guys, I found this light unit under the rear frame area at the back of the truck. Is this a additional license plate light? Although; on my bumper it appears like I already have 2 plate lights..

Thanks!

Yes that looks like the old style license plate bracket and light that was used on trucks that didn't come with a rear bumper. Sounds weird now but my family had 2 square body pickups that were that way new. Since your truck is a dually, maybe this was on there for that reason. Looks kinda crusty, does it still work?

KRS1

be .00 take .00
Reaction score
I think so as well, although with my current "dually" bumper I have 2 opposing lights that act as license plate lights..
I haven't tested it yet, I could sandblast it and paint it with POR..
I could also just get a enclosed plastic one and use that..
Perhaps, it was used as a aid for hooking up trailers at night? I would just tie it into the running light circuit..

KRS1

be .00 take .00
Reaction score
I looked at several other GMT 400s at the yard. I couldn't find another light like it. I bench tested it and it didn't work. It would take some work like sandblasting etc to get it usable anyways..

I will omit it for now, it looks like the "eye in the sky" from Lord of the Rings lol