Adding fuel pressure gauge

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

biggiecamp

Reaction score
Gonna be adding a fuel pressure gauge inside the cab (bcuz I want too lol) and don’t really care to adapt the Schrader valve in order to mount sending unit. Has anyone mounted a sending unit elsewhere, like in-line where the supply and return come up the firewall and have connections to the “fuel rail” at the back of the engine?

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
Vortec I assume? With the plastic fuel lines and those weird quick-disconnect fittings?

You could just T off the schrader valve to keep the original function of it while adding a second port.

You must be registered for see images attach

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
Thats a cool idea BTW, do you already have a sender and gauge picked out?

biggiecamp

Reaction score
Yes, 96 L31 engine. I’ve already got the gauge and sending unit. Truck is one of those projects where I acquire parts over a period of time and then install at one time. Repeat the process lol

Stock steel fuel lines, not plastic

big_mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just buy 2 simple fittings for the Schrader and be done, it's the easiest way to get accurate pressure reading right at the injector. I have a liquid filled guage underhood on mine for now and it was like $30 for the guage and fittings. I will be adding a "t" and sending unit for a electric cab mount guage in the future as well.