Adapters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

phantom 309

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
i have a 99 c2500 burban
I see sets of newer rims and tires for sale with the 180mm bolt circle.
Has any body here have experience with the 1.5" adapters and the 180 mm wheels?
My truck does not have fender flares.
Thanks
Nick

phantom 309

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
i have a 99 c2500 burban
I see sets of newer rims and tires for sale with the 180mm bolt circle.
Has any body here have experience with the 1.5" adapters and the 180 mm wheels?
My truck does not have fender flares.
Thanks
Nick

Guess not

Tavi

Vehicle enthusiasts
Reaction score
Specific question with vague details.

No personal experience with either of the questions you posed. But since no one who has experience with either hasn’t posted yet I’ll give some generic insight.

Wheel adapters are very close in design and function as a wheel spacer, just the different intended purpose. If you get high quality hub piloted for both wheel and hub you should be good. Depending on offset of both your original wheels and the newer ones will determine how far they stick out.

phantom 309

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Vague details,.

GM changed bolt circle on later 8 bolt wheels,.I see factory take off sets for sale, I like the later wheels, that offer larger tire sizes etc, I know i can buy adapters to run them on my smaller bolt circle. I am fishing for input from person or persons who may have done this already, who might offer up advice, or relay how well or how badly it does or doesn't work.
Hope this post clears up any vagueness.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
The thickness required to do a bolt pattern change usually puts this type of setup in the "nah" category for me. The only way it really works is if the wheel being adapted has considerably more backspacing than the wheel it's replacing, which is then taken up by the adapter. Otherwise they will be sticking out, looking stupid and causing problems.

Richard

JackE

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Otherwise they will be sticking out, looking stupid and causing problems.
Problems caused being faster wear on wheel bearings and or ball joints, not to mention crap being slung all over from the protruding rubber rolling down the road. I know a guy who did something similar right after he had his truck painted, then cried the blues when his new paint had scratches from all the crap the tires were slinging.

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
I agree with Richard and Jack, it will wear out your front by having that much over hang and it causes more stress. That's why it is best to have some that stick in, like the PY0 rims, or some that don't stick out very far, like some 16x8s for example. I would look for some shorter spacers, 1.5" is too big. .5" would be close to boardlining it, like this: https://www.amazon.com/RockTrix-Precision-European-Description-Specific/dp/B00NXDKP9C/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1538573409&sr=1-1-fkmr0&keywords=8x6.5+to+8.x180+.5"

But I have not found any from 8x6.5 to 8x180. Either way, you'd still have overhang and stress the front end.