AD244 145amp Alt wanted

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
No, it will not fit TBI, only Vortec. The belt size is in the AD244 conversion thread, I think. Walked out of the barber shop and forgot to look at the sleeve I saved so I would have the size. Will certainly check later, if you don't find anything.

Oh well dang I wanted it for the 92, what with the winch and all.

addiction2bass

junkyard junkie
Reaction score
for a OBS why not just get a 145alt from a loaded suburban or escalade? they bolt right onto vortecs since the motors are the same! and you can get a belt from any parts store by just saying you have the 145amp alt and not the 105. only difference is the plug i think. so if you can buy the plug with it.

and for a vortec just look up a local alternator/starter rebuild shop and have them help you out with a custom one! mine charges about a buck an amp it seems like. 250amp alt for 250bucks and direct replacement even same plug.
OR if your voltage is fine while idled up then go with a cheap alternative and replace the pulley with a overdrive pulley that will spin the alternator faster so it charges like you have it reved up more at idle.

RyanR

BAD REPUTATION
Reaction score
Yes and yes. You may have to bend the coolant pipe that runs behind the alternator a bit to clear, but it's a bolt on in all other respects. Don't have the belt size on me, but can go look in a few minutes.

Not sure if my belt was the original but its the factory size and it fit like a champ with my ad244 so before u buy another one, try the one u already have.

mattillac

Lurker
Reaction score
Need/ want one. Or can someone tell me where to get one here in Saint Paul, MN?

Thanks guys

Oreilly auto parts 754 East Seventh Street - St Paul, MN (651) 778-9177

Looks like they may have them in stock, new is 159.99 and rebuilt is 139.99. The new ones have a 5.00 core charge and the rebuilt one has a 40.00 core charge, I went with the new one myself when upgrading and kept the old(good)alternator, so they kept the 5.00 core deposit.

http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/search/Alternator/01468/C0330.oap?model=Silverado+2500+HD&vi=1412132&year=2003&make=Chevrolet

Good luck.