Acquiring Arteb Brazil GMT400 headlight reflectors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lol, Myspace. How many sets have you imported now? I was just thinking how incredibly unlikely it would be to see a truck with them out on the road.

From memory the number's around 34 or 36 pairs, maybe a few more. One buyer bought three, three buyers bought two, the rest were single-pair buyers.

"Incredibly unlikely" is an understatement :)

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some eBay seller is offering the Arteb headlights at a WAY too expensive price... $597 as of this writing, and then add sales tax on!

I wonder how may buyers they've ripped-off.

Not only are they WAY too expensive, but the seller is too cheap to pay for the express shipping (8-12 days) which we always did... it's only a few US$ more, so why not?

I could have retired if I had sold them for that much :waytogo:

Check this $h!t out:

Chevy C/K 88-98 Headlights OEM Arteb Brazil Tahoe Suburban Silverado Rare​

I see the same seller also has the Arteb taillights... also at a WAY too expensive price, and they do NOT supply for the Arteb circuit boards that are necessary to use them. Caveat emptor.

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Somebody bought the tail lights too... For $400! That person is going to be upset when they realize the boards are different.

I'll have to watch that seller on eBay and see if they actually sell any headlights at that over-the-top price.

I actually thought about listing the headlights on eBay, but I couldn't bring myself to do it for a number of reasons:

(1) eBay will take about 15% off the top, so just to break even I would have to charge 17.6% more, and then the sales tax adder, so the cost to the buyers would have been quite a bit higher.

(2) Even if I sold at cost (which would include the 17.6% overhead adder to cover eBay), I would still get a 1099(k) from eBay, so I presume I would need to document that my "cost of goods sold" equaled my revenue simply to make good on my tax return.

(3) eBay sales would be mostly sales to the "general public" which is a completely different animal than the GMT400 membership I've had the pleasure of helping.

In light of (1-3) above, I figured "screw it".

Honestly, if I had been trying to "make a buck" and "pay for my time" with these headlights, I would have asked more $$$ ($100 maybe?) for each pair. In hindsight it was a LOT more fun to just sell them as cheaply as I could and help the GMT400 community :waytogo:

(pat self on back, hoping not to break arm)

I truly would like to get back in the routine of buying 12 pairs at a time because the jobber’s price incentives are VERY good. Now that the exchange rate is improving, near 5.0:1 (it was unfavorably low at 4.7:1 recently), I might be able to price them somewhere in the $330-340/pair range…

:popcorn:

Last edited:

Minn95Dually

Reaction score
I'll have to watch that seller on eBay and see if they actually sell any headlights at that over-the-top price.

I actually thought about listing the headlights on eBay, but I couldn't bring myself to do it for a number of reasons:

(1) eBay will take about 15% off the top, so just to break even I would have to charge 17.6% more, and then the sales tax adder, so the cost to the buyers would have been quite a bit higher.

(2) Even if I sold at cost (which would include the 17.6% overhead adder to cover eBay), I would still get a 1099(k) from eBay, so I presume I would need to document that my "cost of goods sold" equaled my revenue simply to make good on my tax return.

(3) eBay sales would be mostly sales to the "general public" which is a completely different animal than the GMT400 membership I've had the pleasure of helping.

In light of (1-3) above, I figured "screw it".

Honestly, if I had been trying to "make a buck" and "pay for my time" with these headlights, I would have asked more $$$ ($100 maybe?) for each pair. In hindsight it was a LOT more fun to just sell them as cheaply as I could and help the GMT400 community :waytogo:

(pat self on back, hoping not to break arm)

I truly would like to get back in the routine of buying 12 pairs at a time because the jobber’s price incentives are VERY good. Now that the exchange rate is improving, near 5.0:1 (it was unfavorably low at 4.7:1 recently), I might be able to price them somewhere in the $330-340/pair range…

:popcorn:
Sub,
Are you still taking orders? I could use these.

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sub,
Are you still taking orders? I could use these.

Yes, just send me a PM for contact information and details.

But, for now anyway, we're buying them one-pair-at-a-time from the jobber at unit pricing. With the exchange rate at ~4.95:1, they'll be in the $410-430 range... that's for new Arteb headlights, one pair complete, delivered to your door directly from Brazil.

Last edited:

Minn95Dually

Reaction score
Yes, just send me a PM for contact information and details.

But, for now anyway, we're buying them one-pair-at-a-time from the jobber at unit pricing. With the exchange rate at ~4.95:1, they'll be in the $410-430 range... that's for new Arteb headlights, one pair complete, delivered to your door directly from Brazil.
OooffDa.
OK,