AC refrigerant level check?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kooshball

Reaction score
Does anyone have a tutorial for AC service on a 1998 suburban k1500 with front and rear AC?

Everything works fine but duct temps seem warm...I would like to check the refrigerant level the correct way.

Thx

kooshball

Reaction score
The correct way would be to reclaim the system and install the factory charge.

I did that once 2-years ago...trying to not have to go through that if I can just run a check. I will have access to manifold pressure gauge and k-type thermometer.

Thx

magimerlin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
No reason to be rude... the correct way to "check" is to hook up an a/c pressure gauge/manifold. I ain't talking bout one of those can top ones either... and look at the readings.. if you are unsure of said reading though, best to have a shop do an a/c check...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
No reason to be rude... the correct way to "check" is to hook up an a/c pressure gauge/manifold. I ain't talking bout one of those can top ones either... and look at the readings.. if you are unsure of said reading though, best to have a shop do an a/c check...

You work at a shop correct? How much do you charge to check an AC system? I let mine sit for a couple weeks and it started blowing hot air randomly. A few minutes later it was blowing cold again, then it went back to warm. It's been warm ever since. I need to get it checked out/fixed. Just wondering how much having them tell me what;s wrong might cost lol

Ruger_556

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You work at a shop correct? How much do you charge to check an AC system? I let mine sit for a couple weeks and it started blowing hot air randomly. A few minutes later it was blowing cold again, then it went back to warm. It's been warm ever since. I need to get it checked out/fixed. Just wondering how much having them tell me what;s wrong might cost lol

It's a gazillion dollars, at least that's what I charge people :)

kooshball

Reaction score

So what pressures am I looking for? My buddy has a gauge.

magimerlin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Every vehicle is differant and the outside temp and humidity makes a difference aswell.. in my area in Texas right now a low side of around 40-50 and a high side about 250 is about normal. Few other factors involved as well but that's with a correctly running system and a radiator fan (electric and or clutch fan) that is working correctly.

And an a/c check at my shop if I remember right (i turn wrenches not write invoices...lol..) is about 35 bucks or so... and Freon is 11 per pound.