AC question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jhicks

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
98 c1500 3rd door 2wd.

im honestly not sure if this is where this thread belongs but heres my problem.

I know my ac works. I played with the controls until it worked. then I made the mistake of turning it to heat and that's where it stayed.

so, it seems to be stuck on heat. everything on the hvac control head seems to work. I haven't been inside the dash. actually im dreading having to drop the dash.

another piece of info, at one point it seemed that I could hear sloshing of water inside the vent system when my ac was working. not sure if a blend door got soaked and malfunctioned. I did some tinkering a while back but couldn't find the source of the water. I made sure it wasn't the heater core.

any help from someone who has experienced this would be wonderful. any help in general would be nice.

poncho62

Old Fart
Reaction score
Sounds like the blend door is not functioning....There is an actuator under the dash to control it, thats about all I know about it

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Could be the controls. I replaced mine when it wouldn't operate the doors properly. The AC ones are electronic. Trucks without AC use cables to control the heat & stuff.

jhicks

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
sewlow I do believe you know everything about these trucks lmao.

anyway, under the dash has always intimidated me. I have fat hands which make tight spots difficult. i don't want to just replace the control head to try to fix it. but im not entirely sure how to diagnose it.