AC options

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

at7615

Reaction score
What are my options for air conditioner compressor mount options? 99 k2500 to 03 5.3 swap, I have the original 7.4 compressor on hand.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
5.3L is going to be a gutless pig in that truck. I hope you have boost planned for it.

I tried to link to Amazon. They have an ac bracket for a LS in the GMT400 that uses the stock vortec compressor.

Last edited:

at7615

Reaction score
5.3L is going to be a gutless pig in that truck. I hope you have boost planned for it.

I tried to link to Amazon. They have an ac bracket for a LS in the GMT400 that uses the stock vortec compressor.
She's got factory 4:11's rear locker, with a 4180E, Should work very well for my application, first truck I ever wheeled was a 50 flathead 3 on the floor ford, then a 56 chevy 6, 3 on the tree. Had a 56 2 ton with the 6 cylinder 4 speed x 2 speed axle, got good mileage and plenty of power. But thanks, will check that link out pronto.

at7615

Reaction score
ICT is working with me to make a low mount that uses the 4 rib pulley, like the 03 original, hopefully it will work out. Much prefer to keep the ac compressor mounted in the OE position and use the belt/idler like OE.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ICT is working with me to make a low mount that uses the 4 rib pulley, like the 03 original, hopefully it will work out. Much prefer to keep the ac compressor mounted in the OE position and use the belt/idler like OE.
I have never been a fan of that setup for two reasons. Making the compressor the lowest point in the system greatly contributes to hydroslugging and that tensioner has never been a great design. On several trucks and SUV, I took a page from GMs playbook, deleted the tensioner and used the stretch fit belt. If the compressor is the lowest point in the system, I put a deslugger on it to protect it.

at7615

Reaction score
It's always a choice of evils, you fix one problem and create another. I want to run the AC on the factory pulley ribs so if that belt fails, I still keep on trucking, just have to deal with the sweat down the COYA! I like the factory ALT/PS setup just fine, so anyways pick your battles.

Last edited: