A new one from Europe (Austria)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Schwarzweix

Reaction score
Hi there,

I want to short intrioduce myself.

I found my 1997 C3500 on an european used car site. It was standing in Germany - 1200km (745miles) away from me. It is a little bit to far to go over there for fun and get without the car. but buying a crap is also stupid.

Fortunally a (more or less good) friend of mine is living in the near and will check the car. He told me that the tires are empty and should be renewed before driving home, but the car itself is ok, so it should be possible to get home with it.

The price was really ok - 2.800€ (3.800$) for the mileage 150.000km (93.200m). So I get in the plane. flight to Germany, paid an drove back with it...

At home there I did a first checkup of all technical components. I figuerd out the the brake on the rear axle does not work. While driving, there was no problems :).

And some other things:
weak steering due to worn out steering box and idler arm
every bushing on the front axle is worn out
RUST :fca5278d:
and electrical problem with the rear taillight (brake was ok)

Now I am on repairing...
I hope you guys and girls can help me in some cases and perhaps some used parts... :D

If you own a tall car like this, in european towns you will be famous quickly :) You cannot imagine how stupid some people look when you drive by...

I don´t know how to embed pictures - so here is my dropbox link...

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/4mi1m6wbcsrw72z/wRI_Mmnh9v

more pics will follow - for sure

shortchevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nice to see gmt400's abroad! that has to be the largest vehicle in Europe, I watch a lot of Top Gear and some other European car shows and it seems like everyone over there drive little tiny tin cans. Welcome to the forum
!

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Welcome! Always good to see someone driving a GMT400 in a different part of the world. I really like the picture of it hanging out of the back of that parking spot, makes the rest of the cars behind it look so tiny. :lol:

Schwarzweix

Reaction score
Thanks to all for that nice welcome.

@shortchevy: I would be happy when "our" cars are tin cans. the most of them are just made out of plastic...

@df2x4: but this was a large parking lot. I will take a picture when i am in an standart size.

The C3500 is just my secondary car. my daily driver is a 1998 540i BMW (also V8 - there is no alternative to that) which is about 5m (16,5 ft) long. this is pretty to upper end of car lenghts in europe.