99 k2500 suburban heater controls

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vogey

Reaction score
My 99 suburbans heater controls on dash rarely work. In fact it has only worked 2 times in the 2 months I've owned it. First time It just worked like I normally should. Once key was off it quite
Then just the other day hit a line in the road and it worked for a few miles till another bump killed it. I'm 99.99 % sure it's a loose connection somewhere. Were should I start lookin?

TravisR

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just bought a 92 C1500 and the HVAC controls didn't come on with the ignition. I found this video showing how there is a connector behind the ash tray that can start to lose connection and cause wires to melt:

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

My wires were melted and that was my problem (one of them, anyway). I cut out the connector, followed the melted wire until it wasn't melted then cut and splice new wire in. It's 4 wires and it seems like the connector is only there to make it easy for GM workers to splice the two wire bundles together. So technically you can just cut the wires at the connector and splice each side of the four wires together.

Maybe yours is on its way out and makes the connection only sometimes when you hit a bump.

You might get away with cleaning the inside of the connector.