99 GMC 3500 wiring issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Clinton

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So the wiring is almost complete. The fast flashing indicators I have slowed with resistors, there is currently 4 indicator lights per side and still fast, so the resistor was needed and now running okay.

It's a strange set up. I thought one wire would operate one thing but reverse used 4 colour wires, brake uses 3, and stop uses 3. parker/low and high uses 1. It's crazy.

At least it's kinda working so I can now get the tray made.

Chris Rogers

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
There needs to be six amber signals. Two of the front fenders will fix the fast flash issue.

Rear wiring seems odd. These should marry up with the same colors as a 7pin trailer plug from memory.

Fronts are another matter. Mine is LHD so it could well be different.

Clinton

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Do you mean 6 amber lights per side or in total for whole car? I'll work on tail lights when I get truck back, it's currently in getting a tray made. I got to drive it today for the first time, was pretty fun, even without a tray.

I found it seems to coast at idle when not accelerating when moving, then comes back up to to revs/speed when throttle applied. Overdrive seems non existent too. I'm leaning toward the oily transmission plug and coolant temp sensor not working

Chris Rogers

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Not overly familiar with the boxes in these. I tend to throw money at those things to people that can build them not to break.